Birka 2

There are people I was hoping to see today, that I didn't.  There are people I was hoping to see that I did.  It was a good day.  There were many things that kept me busy all day.  Here are some happy highlights:

  • There were five newcomers that joined Keziah and I at a meet and greet this morning.  For me, meeting new people can be hard.  This planned part of the day can make it a little easier.  This time, Keziah did most of the talking, last year, I feel like we split it up better.  This isn't a problem, just an observation. 
  • There were many wonderful creations at the Arts & Sciences exhibit.  There were more tablet weaving pieces than I expected to see.  There were calligraphy and illumination items, fiber arts, archery, and even a display on siege engines. 







  • Once again, other responsibilities kept me from attending the martial activities.  One of those responsibilities is walking through the merchant area to choose one to win the Baroness Choice Award.  I'm still thinking about that.  There are quite a few fantastic artists selling their wares.
  • There was a fashion show with a theme to design a medieval outfit that somehow resembled or reflected something from a medieval manuscript, book, or scroll.  The best outfit, in my opinion, did not enter the contest but it's maker was a judge.  She pulled on some strings in her gown and the skirts lifted up, sort of like wings, and in the back was a page from a manuscript.  Spectacular. 
She is pushing a "snowball."



My favorite, from the front.

My favorite, from (part of) the back.


  • In the evening was court, both Baronial and Kingdom Court.  This is where people are recognized for the good things they do within the SCA. 
Keziah used to babysit this young man.


Keziah did the illumination on the scroll he is holding.  I didn't get a clear picture of the scroll.

  • Here are some other happy pictures from the day:





The new gown Keziah made for me.

Currently listening to: My Name Is Barbra, by Barbra Streisand.

Thank you for being part of my happy things.  Stay safe. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 2024-Ice

Wow, Long and PICTURES

North Country