Birka Final Day

Some happy things from this last day of Birka:
  • After packing, I attended a meeting of the Forester's Guild.  People in the guild learn about living in the woods during the middle ages.  It is an interesting group.  I got to welcome them and thank them for coming, but the meeting belonged to them.
Myself and the neighboring Baron of Carolingia.



Gifts!


  • There was snow and rain this afternoon.  Merchants could choose to stay open until three, but they started packing to leave much earlier.  I was able to pick up a few trinkets.  I'll be posting pictures of some of the items this week.
  • Since the merchants packed up early, we were able to leave earlier than expected.  I went to eat with some friends.  It was good to talk about the event and slowly move into some downtime. 
  • It is so good to be home!  I'm looking forward to a good night's rest. 
A trinket.

Currently listening to: My Name Is Barbra, by Barbra Streisand.

Thank you for being part of my happy things.  Stay safe. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 2024-Ice

Otter's Welcome

Happy Monday!