Birka One

Some happy things from the first day of the Market Day at Birka Event:

  • The roads were slick this morning with sleet and freezing rain falling from the sky.  My ride arrived to get me safely and got us to the event safely.  
  • Every once in a while things that one doesn't expect to happen, happen.  Today that was my hotel room being available (and they let me have it) long before it was supposed to be.  Also, I got a corner room with a king sized bed all to myself!  

The lovely view from my hotel room.

  • Finished the weaving!


  • It has been really good so far seeing all the people.  When I have a task, it doesn't even seem overwhelming.  It is a good thing there are so many things to do here.
Keziah was supposed to read to children,
But no children showed up.

Giant cookie

The young man on the right made the cookie for Keziah.

Relaxing at the end of the day on the couch in my hotel room.  I'm pretty sure it opens up to allow for more people.


Currently listening to: My Name Is Barbra, by Barbra Streisand.

Thank you for being part of my happy things.  Stay safe. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 2024-Ice

Wow, Long and PICTURES

North Country