A Scary Bridge

Happy Friday!  Some happy things from today include:     

  • My friend, Amy, came over this afternoon to help me get the bedroom painted in the apartment.  We re-covered almost the entire wall with white.  The old color was still seeping through. It looks so much better now.  The stairway and the section over the closet are still left to do.  I learned that it is a small enough area that there were some occasional tightness with two people and a ladder.
  • After, we went for a walk on the Northern Rail Trail.  I have been on a very small amount of this trail before a few years ago.  The area is very pretty.  Part of the trail isn't complete and still has rails.  We walked over a railroad bridge with wood that was rotted which made for a careful walk.  I was pleased with myself for not chickening out on that bridge.

Some of the rotting planks are visible in this picture.

There is water down there.



  • We weren't far from the trails at Muchyedo Banks.  Still, I was very surprised when we could see the 60-80 foot sandbanks across a large field and the river from the trail we were on.  Bel and I hiked part of the trails at Muchyedo Banks on March 8th.  Amy, a group of other friends, and I hiked it a few years ago.  It was neat to see it in the distance from the other side of the river.
Sandbank way in the distance.


Better view of sand bank.

Zoomed in.




Currently listening to: The Life We Bury, by Allen Eskens.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 2024-Ice

Otter's Welcome

Happy Monday!