Tax Day

Here are some happy things for tax day:

  • When I wandered downstairs this morning I noticed a foggy world outside the windows.  A few minutes later, I was outside, in my bathrobe, to take a picture.  The air was fresh and I was wishing that I was more prepared to take a walk.


  • Instead, I went back up to my room and spun the chore wheel.  Fifteen minutes or so later I had six pairs of matched socks from my basket of mismatched socks.  A few other things are put where they belong, and I am reminded that I have some cute earrings on my closet shelf.

Before

The part I worked on, after.

  • Around a month ago I got my taxes almost done.  I'm cheap and don't like paying for tax preparation when I can do it myself.  That is not to say that I can do anyone's taxes, but currently, I can do my own.  I also like that taxes can be filed online instead of paper.  Anyhow, I couldn't figure out how to add the bank interest on the first program I used.  The second free program wouldn't let me include a Schedule E for free.  The third free program finally let me enter everything I needed.  I finished preparing my taxes yesterday and filed them this morning.  Nothing like being last minute!  
  • In the afternoon I had a lovely walk with my friend, Amy.  We went to Livingston Park.  The trail was a little muddy in places, but we have had rain lately.  The stream was rushing and we saw a heron!
One of the recent storms took this tree down.

Stream

Heron

Heron

Finished listening to: A Wizard of Earthsea, by Ursula K. Le Guin.

Listening more to: My Name is Barbra, by Barbra Streisand. 

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 2024-Ice

Otter's Welcome

Happy Monday!