NHRF

 A few happy things from today:

  • There is an active member of our Barony that has been asking for whipcord braiding.  I decided to do a quick research of this online and learned that I have actually done this before, once.  This morning Keziah and I went to the studio for supplies to bring to the NH Renaissance Faire.  I got wool, and she got calligraphy supplies.  The sycamore tree by the studio is partially barked currently.


  • At the Faire, I tried to do the whipcord braiding, first with Gideon, then by myself.  We had mixed results.  I learned a few things and hope for better at home, and not at a distracting Faire.  One of the things I learned is that it is more fun with a second person.   Here is a link to a short YouTube video demonstrating whipcord braiding. 

  • There were many people who came through the SCA tent today.  Many of those people showed interest in participating in this crazy medieval thing I do.  I hope to see some of them at future events.




One of the people I knew from the SCA from back in the 1990's goes to the Faire every year.  I got to see him and visit for a little while.  He called me mom.  💜


Currently listening to: Dune, by Frank Herbert.


Thank you for being part of my happy things.  Stay safe.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 2024-Ice

Wow, Long and PICTURES