Otter's Welcome

Some happy things from today:

  • There is a picture I have from a few years ago of my adult children with lilacs in their hair.  This included Bel's generous beard.  Keziah picked some this morning so we could have some in our hair at an SCA event in Massachusetts, Otter's Welcome.  This is an event that is aimed with newcomers in mind.  There is a little bit of most categories to do or observe.  Keziah ran children's point.  I visited with a few people.  
Keziah


  • In the middle of the day I started falling asleep.  I ended up napping in the car for a little while.  There was a class I wanted to take, but it was when I was resting. This is also when the weather decided to rain.  That break was needed and I think I enjoyed the rest of the day more because of it.
  • Some of the lilacs that Keziah picked, made it into my hair.  There were many compliments. 
Me, photo credit to Keziah.


  • The part of Massachusetts the event is in is the Barony of Carolingia.  Their Excellencies of Carolingia asked Keziah and I to sit near them during their court.  We were honored to do so.  During their court they were presented with beautiful boxes to hold their coronets.  I'm happy for them and long for something similar for our coronets.



  • After the event Keziah, Gideon, and I went to Hodgies for some food and ice cream before heading home.
Peppermint stick!



Started listening to: Dune, by Frank Herbert.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

Comments

  1. Love the lilacs as hair tassels. 😄 (And now I want Hodgies peppermint stick ice cream.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 2024-Ice

Happy Monday!