Color TV Day

Here are some happy things from today:

  • At work this morning I ended up with some heat related badness.  It was within my first hour of work.  They let me take a break.  When I went back to work I went slower.  After 3 AM I was able to work outside for a bit.  That helped a lot!  I'm happy that I made it through the rest of the shift and that I'm feeling better.  
  • At home I decided to take it easy.  I stopped to notice the orange daylilies.  Soon there will be many more blooming.

  • According to this website, today is Color TV Day.  Here is a little memory.  Every year The Wizard of Oz was broadcast on TV.  Every year I watched it.  If you have never seen the movie, and don't want spoilers, stop reading now.  At some point I noticed that it claimed to be recorded in color.  We had a black and white TV.  So every year I watched it in black and white.   Eventually, when I was a teenager and my older brothers were out of the house, my family got a color TV.  I was so excited when it was time to watch The Wizard of Oz, I would get to see it in color.  Imagine my dismay when everything started in black and white.   I thought something was wrong with the TV.  When Dorothy landed in Oz and everything became color, it truly was a magical experience for me.  

Currently listening to: Outlive: The Science and Art of Longevity, by Peter Attia MD, Bill Gifford (Editor). 

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 2024-Ice

Otter's Welcome

Happy Monday!