More Skirts

Happy things from today:

  • This morning I sorted through a few things so I could move forward in my downsizing adventure.  I found more skirts, wool ones.  Two weeks ago I found six skirts.  Today I found four more.  None of them will fit me.  I'm in love with the green plaid one.  I thought they would be easy to get rid of, I was wrong.  I'm seriously considering finding ways to repurpose the wool, like making one skirt out of multiple skirts.  Dear reader, you may ask, what about this makes me happy?  I'm feeling excited about being creative with them.  Sure, there is some trepidation too.  But what if I create something fun or beautiful?
The shirt at the top has the letter F embroidered on the sleeve.  It was my mother's and will not fit me.  I am ready to say goodbye to that.  That green and blue plaid is fabulous.

  • Downtown Concord is closed for Market Days.  When I tried to go to Keziah’s store, the parking garage was already full.  I ended up parking the car at the studio and walking back to DIY Craft & Thrift.  They are less than a mile from each other.  These walks allowed me to see some pretty flowers.  There is also a church that will be becoming apartments.








  • After visiting and helping at the store by measuring and folding fabric, I walked back to the studio for Craft Night.  There, I mostly finished making the bottle holder I've been crocheting.  It just needs a string or ribbon to close it at the top.  The person that I have been helping to make garb came.  With the help of a friend, their first piece is finished.  It was a productive evening.


  • After, my friend and I went out for ice cream and then back to my apartment so I could show it to her.  The ability to have friends over to visit is an incentive to continue downsizing.

Currently listening to: Outlive: The Science and Art of Longevity, by Peter Attia MD, Bill Gifford (Editor). 

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 2024-Ice

Otter's Welcome

Happy Monday!