Long Day Ending the Weekend

I fell asleep often writing this.  Here are some happy things from today:

  • My friend Stephanie and I got things mostly packed up in camp and headed for the Milan Hill Fire Tower.  It is located within the campground we were at so it wasn't really hard to find.  There is a picnic pavilion and yard that make this a neat outside party destination.  There were more spectacular mountain views.  We saw the hills we drove through to get there.  Somehow I forgot to take the selfie on top of the Fire Tower.  Instead of climbing back up, I took a picture of me at the bottom.
We had our tents set up in this lean-to. 

The trail up.
That was it.
Pretty much all of it.


Geo marker!









Selfie.

  • After, we finished packing and we headed home.  In Franconia Notch we pulled over for a pit stop and saw the Basin.  The Basin brings back memories for me of when I was very young.  The memories are faded enough that they could have happened at some other flowing river through the White Mountains, but I think it was The Basin.  My family was swimming and bathing in a stream.  This is highly illegal now for good reason.  I don't think it was illegal then.  Weird memories that are mostly about trying to catch the Ivory soap that would float in the water.








  • We arrived back to my house with barely enough time for Stephanie to get home and prepare for Archery Practice.  I was able to do a couple things before I left and also went to Archery Practice.  One of my first rounds I shot three golds on the target!  Unfortunately, I shot seven arrows instead of six so I couldn't keep the entire score.  I counted better after that.  
Three of my arrows are in the gold.
Gold is worth the highest at five points.

  • I didn't shoot for long because I had to prepare for the Meet and Greet.  The Meet and Greet is an SCA thing where members of the Barony are able to meet the potential new Baronages, ask questions, and help the populous decide who they are in favor of for the next Baronages of Stonemarche.  Later the populous will be polled to help Their Majesties decide who is next and Keziah and I will step down.  This process turned out being more stressful than I had considered.   However, it was good to see everyone and their thoughts on where they see the Barony going.  I was pleased with how I saw some of the potentials present themselves. 
  • It was a long day that ended with ice cream with friends.  

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 2024-Ice

Wow, Long and PICTURES

NHRF