A Big Day

There was a whirlwind of things happening with many people to see and talk with.  At morning court people were called up and asked a question.  Two were asked about joining the Order of the Laurel (arts) and one the Order of the Pelican (service). The Pelican is the reason for my secret project.  My Protégé is no more, she is now a Companion to the Order of the Pelican.  Here are some happy things from today:

Last night I learned that I dropped a ball.  There was no book for the vigil for my protégé.  How this part of a peerage elevation works in a nutshell is that a person is called into court, told they are going to be asked about joining a particular peerage, they are sent off on vigil to consider this, during the Vigil people come and visit with words of advice or congratulations, the visitors may sign/write into a book, and then at a court where the peerage happens people say nice things and some planned gifts of regalia are presented.  (Phew)  It is the book that visitors write in that I dropped the ball on.  I am so happy and thankful that a friend went out and bought some to choose from this morning.  It was so appreciated.  This friend also took pictures for me of the first court.



After the morning court my protégé was brought back to camp where we finished getting her Vigil space ready.  I was able to give her the coins that I helped to make (that is what I've been working on) and some gifts. Gift one: When I was made a Pelican a friend gave me an abacus because I was getting me peerage mainly due to my service as an exchequer (treasurer).  Gift two: Another gift I received was the wooden Pelican that I shared a picture of the other day.  That gift was given to me by the person who was Baron before Keziah and I stepped up.  Gift three:  At Pennsic this year I found a mug that I really liked but it was in the wrong color.  I wanted it in purple.  They offered to make it for me and mail it from Missouri.  They also offered to personalize it.  It arrived a few weeks ago and came out beautifully. 


---My phone stopped cooperating so all the rest of the pictures are at the end.  They also posted mostly backwards in time?  

Then Keziah and I visited other vigils, the Thrown Weapons Champion Tourney, and the Archery Champions Tourney.  They were some interesting competitions. 

Eventually it was time for the afternoon court.  It was a very long court filled with people being awarded for their achievements.  One of these was my Protégé becoming a Companion to the Order of the Pelican.  She had some wonderful speakers and received some lovely regalia.  I don't have many pictures because I was too involved and wanted to be in the moment.  

After court there was a large and long feast where I was able to talk with his Majesty for quite a while.  This was followed by the Bardic Champions.  It was a very full day and I am exhausted. 


The Vigil book.












The Thrown Weapons Champion. 
She had to hit the target without spilling the drink. 





Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 2024-Ice

Wow, Long and PICTURES

North Country