Learning and Training

Here are some happy things from Friday:

  • Looking at my Facebook feed I was reminded that the aurora borealis was supposed to be visible. Many people saw it and shared some wonderful pictures.  I'm happy that it was visible to so many.  I left for work early and drove north of the city, but it was overcast and maybe too late.  No northern lights for me. 
City lights reflected in the cloud cover.

  • At work, I was trained to do the position of QA.  This isn't what I would expect the Quality Assurance position to look like, but I didn't name it.  Maybe it stands for something else?  Basically the person oversees the people stowing in a section of the building.  But oversee is maybe too strong a word?  Guides and coaches, moves people to the work, and problem solves what can be done before sending things to problem solve.  But not oversee as in discipline.  Whatever the correct word, I was trained in this last night.  It is also redirecting packages and using a computer to determine where help might be needed.  Now that I have reflected on this, I'm seeing where I can look for quality more.
  • The last part of the shift I worked in Hazardous Materials.  This time I was able to train someone.  They were a good learner.  
  • At home, I ate, did some laundry, and tried to take a nap.  Over seven hours later I woke up from my nap!  Happy Saturday!?

Finished listening to: The Silmarillion, by J. R. R. Tolkien. 

Started listening to:  Sabriel, by Garth Nix.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 2024-Ice

Wow, Long and PICTURES

North Country