Long Monday

Ice (hail or sleet or ...) woke me in the middle of the night bouncing off the window air conditioner.  Soon after I also heard a roll of thunder.  Somehow, I let those sounds lull me back to sleep.  Here are some other happy things from today:

  • This morning I had an appointment for my ultrasound.  Every year I have an ultrasound and appointments to monitor my thyroid because I have Hashimoto's Disease.  Today I had two ultrasounds.  First, a student did everything, then a licensed tech came in, and did it all again.  I also had a thyroid blood test. So I have been poked and prodded!  I'm just happy that it is done.
  • Keziah and I met at the SCA storage unit to put away the things we had borrowed to use at the last event.  We managed to leave one bin at home.  I'll be back in a few weeks to pick up other things.  It has been a busy time.  Someone who works there brings their dog and plays with them in the long hallways.  They are fun to watch.
  • Part of the day I spent at the studio.  It seems like it has been quite a long time since I've been there for any length of time.  Being able to work at a table was really nice and I was able to do three of the Inktober prompts.  I don't think to use the table at Keziah’s house and I don't have one available at the apartment.  That is a goal.  I also did a little bit of embroidery and stitching of a favor before I had to leave.  I found a pile of my favors when I was organizing and I just need to finish them.  I hope to give a bunch out at the next Stonemarche event.
Snacks

Passport

Remote

My favor


  • When I should have been getting ready to go to bed, I was helping someone move a wooden tool box.  They thought the box was much heavier than it was.  I'm glad I could help.  It was good for me to step out of my comfort zone to help them and I met their grandmother.  This was just ten minutes from home, so I am not really going to bed later than I would have otherwise.  I just always hope to go to bed earlier.  😁



Currently listening to:  Sabriel, by Garth Nix.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 2024-Ice

Wow, Long and PICTURES

North Country