Busy Monday

Happy Monday!

  • This morning I puttered, sorting through random boxes.  I really wanted to find something significant to get rid of.  I wanted to feel like I was really downsizing.  I finally decided that it was time to get rid of my grandson, Gideon’s, old stuffed animals: Winnie-the-Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore.  They sat towards the back of my previous bedroom.  I'm not sure why, but I don't want them in my current bedroom.  Eeyore is the character I used to think I identified with the most.  I love all the characters from the Christopher Robin books.  I think I always wanted the energy of Tigger and Winnie’s curiosity and love.  But Eeyore, alone and frumpy, is who I identified with inside.  Forgive me while I psychoanalyze myself.  When Gideon decided he had outgrown those three stuffed animals, I wanted them.  Most importantly, Eeyore.  But then, Eeyore should not be alone.  He needed his friends with him.  It turns out, like Eeyore, I have friends.  Sure, I may be frumpy sometimes, but I'm getting better.  At least, I'd like to think so.  Anyhow, the three friends want to be played with.  They don't want to just sit on a shelf.  I'm going to ask some friends with little children if they want them, before I donate them.  I'd like it if they stayed together.   I'm saying goodbye.  


  • This weekend I am going to an SCA event in Canada.  Part of my responsibilities include getting the breakfast food.  I have a sweet tooth.  Actually, I have a couple of sweet teeth.  I got way too many Pop Tarts.  Part of my goal is to not cook, so Pop Tarts, cereal, dried fruit and nuts, and some Larabars are what I picked up.  Ideally, I'll get some already cooked bacon from a local diner the morning we leave to add to the mix.  I also got shelf stable milk to go with the cereal.  I know I won't go hungry, I'm not sure about the rest of the group.
  • This afternoon I had a lovely walk with my friend, Amy.  We walked along the Londonderry Rail Trail.  The highway there has many wildflowers planted along it.  Since the rail trail goes under the highway in one spot I could get closer to the wildflowers.  There are the daisies and lupine that I saw last week driving with Keziah.  This week there is also what I thought were black-eyed Susan.  However, a closer look revealed that they lacked the black-eye.  So I looked it up.  According to Lens, these are large flowered tickseed.  I'm pretty sure that is a flower I have seen somewhere around the house.  Although, maybe not the large flowered version.  I like the splash of yellow they add to the mix.
Lupine and daisies.

Flowers

Large flowered tickseed. 

  • Along the trail we also saw a garter snake, turtle, and a woodpecker.  The snake was too fast for a picture.  The turtle was too far away for a good picture.  The woodpecker tried to get away.  I caught him at the top of the next picture.
Woodpecker at the top.

Cropped.

Continued listening to: My Name is Barbra, by Barbra Streisand.  

Thank you for being part of my happy things.  Stay safe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 2024-Ice

Otter's Welcome

Happy Monday!