Concert

Happy Back to Work Tuesday.

  • For the last task of my work night, I was outside assisting drivers getting the packages to the trucks.  This meant I was back and forth between inside and outside.  I got some sun and fresh air.  It also really tired me out.  Which was a good thing, because…
  • After work I let myself take a nap.  It was important today, I was able to wake up to go to the middle school concert.  Gideon, my grandson, is part of the seventh grade chorus.
  • They tried to have this concert last week, but a storm came.  It rained a little about an hour or two before tonight's concert, too. Just enough that there were quite a few umbrellas to be seen.  
  • As a child, I don't think I considered the songs we sang in chorus.  As an adult, I must say that it seems weird to hear the kids sing African American Slave music.  Perhaps if we knew they were studying that Era?  It wasn't Gideon's grade, so I don't know.  They all did well.  There was definite improvement between this concert and the winter one.  There were a couple places where I could tell which voice was Gideon's within the chorus.  It was nice.


Gideon, with the green-ish ends to his hair.



Continued listening to: My Name is Barbra, by Barbra Streisand.  

Thank you for being part of my happy things.  Stay safe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 2024-Ice

Wow, Long and PICTURES

North Country